Date of Death: April 11, 2017
- Stallings Funeral Home, P.A.
- 3111 Mountain Road, Pasadena, MD 21122 View Map
- Thursday, April 20, 2017 3-5 PM and 7-9 PM
- Holy Trinity Catholic Church
- 7436 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd, Glen Burnie, MD 210 View Map
- Friday, April 21, 2017 11:00 AM
- Crownsville Veterans Cemetery
- 1122 Sunrise Beach Road, Crownsville, MD 21032 View Map
- Friday, April 21, 2017 Immediately following service
Bernard S. Blessner, 85, a resident of Anne Arundel County since 1960's, died Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at Pear Tree Assisted Living Facility.
Mr. Blessner was born September 10, 1931 in Wilkes-Barre, PA to the late Anna and Stanley Blessner.
Mr. Blessner graduated from Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore with a Master's Degree in Education. He worked for the Board of Education in Anne Arundel County as a guidance counselor at George Fox, Old Mill Senior High School, and Andover High School, retiring in the mid 80's. He was an avid High School sports fan and coached baseball in the 70's and 80's at Old Mill Senior High School. Mr. Blessner was a veteran of the Korean War in the United States Air Force. He faithfully attended Holy Trinity Catholic Church, and his hobbies included taxidermy.
In addition to his parents Mr. Blessner is preceded in death by his wife of 25 years, Ann V. Blessner, 1 brother and 1 sister.
He is survived by his sister Loretta Appleby of Dallas, PA.
Friends may call Thursday, April 20 from 3-5 pm and 7-9 pm at Stallings Funeral Home, 3111 Mountain Road, Pasadena, MD 21122
A mass of Christian burial will be held Friday, April 21 at 11:00 am at Holy Trinity Catholic Church, 7436 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd., Glen Burnie, MD 21061. Interment at Maryland Veterans Cemetery Crownsville.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Alzheimer's Association at: https://act.alz.org